Tuesday, 31 July 2012

My upcycled doll's house furniture...

A few months ago I found a very basic old wooden doll's house filled with cheap plastic barbie-like furniture in an op shop. I saw great things for that little house but since then it's been sitting unloved and unused in my boys' bedroom. They really only used it to store the odd sock or apple core.

The other day I noticed lots of little wood offcuts in the shed and suddenly became obsessed with the idea of fixing up the doll's house and making some wooden furniture for it...

What we made is a bit shabby and 'organic' looking but the boys actually play with it now and I stop to look inside at the little rooms, make the beds, tidy up the lounge every time I walk past. We're going to add wallpaper, little pictures and curtains next...